Car Shipping is a difficult process when moving your car internationally, not only do you have to get the car to the port but you need to work through the mountains of paperwork and bureaucracy on both exporting the car and importing to your destination country that you have shipped to.
If you are shipping your car permanently you will also have to ensure the car conforms to local rules and regulations which often involves significant modifications to lighting and safety features.
At ShipMyCar we take all the hassle out of the process, we offer a full door-to-door service including:
- Collection and delivery to local port
- Export customs formalities prior to shipping including x-ray if required
- Loading into consolidated or 20ft/4ft sole use container
- Fully comprehensive marine insurance with zero excess (on full car import packages)
- Unloading at destination port with full multi-point car inspection
- Car Import duty and VAT processing
- For UK – full IVA/MOT modification package with “Invisible IVA” modifications to keep you car looking standard
- For UK – DVLA registration and 12 months road tax
- For UK imports – Full valet prior to delivery including number plate fixing
Having one point of contact to handle all aspects of car shipping can make life a lot less stressful when shipping your vehicle. Our fully fitted workshop can handle any MOT / IVA requirements in terms of electrical or mechanical alterations
To make life even easier we have developed an instant car shipping online calculator which instantly and accurately gives you a full breakdown of all the above charges for all makes/model of vehicle